Foreign artists in India -William Matthews

I saw William Matthews' striking paintings at the India Habitat Centre, March, 2006. His works were mostly cowboys and some related to India in scenic watercolors. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find good images of his Indian paintings. This is from the poster of the exhibition which I kept. It was too good to throw away*-





And I just adore the 70mm feel.Oh, I do miss those old panoramic wild west films!





*Update- There was never was a possibility of my throwing way this lovely image -and not just because it is lovely.The poster was autographed very sweetly for the charming Mrs. WtHA by Matthews.She later handed it over to me knowing my passion for collecting images of nice paintings.I'm a peace loving man.The option of throwing away Mrs.WtHA's gifts just does not exist.



Previously in the series Foreign artists in India-

Lady Charlotte Canning
Scott Burdick and Susan Lyon
Lucy Willis
Stuart Robertson
Julian Barrow

Comments